Sunday 16 March 2014

One Afternoon in the Medina

The guide books will say maze of narrow streets and assault on your senses and half the fun is in getting lost! When I was good and ready, I entered by the top gate

 
and, no problem, found the Kasbah (now a museum), formerly owned and operated by the pre-Romans, the Romans, the post-Romans, and the Portuguese, with its lovely central courtyard
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
and the sultan's garden, now a little run down, out back.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
All I had to do after that was keep heading lower
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
maybe with a side trip here and there
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
and I'd make it to the Petit Socco for mint tea.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
In the end (admittedly a difficult concept in the medina), all I got lost in was taking pictures of cats (not just tolerated but revered creatures here, apparently, unlike in doggy Andalusia).
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Just lucky, I guess.

2 comments:

Brenda Schmidt said...

Look at the pretty kitties! Cats rule!

Gerald Hill said...

In Morocco, until a cat can pull a cart or haul sacks of grain on its back, I'm afraid it's donkeys that rule.