Friday 13 April 2012

What's Next

Nobody asks, but I answer anyway. I heard from a woman who'd taken my Writing With Style session at Banff. She's published, been sending stuff out, made travel plans.
My students who just finished 252 (U of R English code for the first creative writing class) want to fight through exams and get a job. Their writer selves will take hold, I'll say, and commit to a piece of writing.
Those geese on the lake--must be time to bed down and get those eggs going, or maybe I'm way off.
The engineer in the studio in New York, February 1962, when Sonny Rollins lay down "Where Are You?" (with Hall, Cranshaw, Riley), must have heard the universe through a horn.
That manwith the plastic bag over his left shoulder, walking past the Court House, Victoria's next.
I'm going to finish this entry and head over to Beer Bros. to work on some poems and meet my daughter and her boyfriend for a beer.
If I think of anything else, I'll let you know.
First the Rollins has to let me go.

1 comment:

Bernadette said...

Congrats to the poet from your Banff class, whomever she may be! You had a great bunch; I had to hang out with them one night. To get my poet fix. It was a late night. We closed the MacLab or whatever it's called.

As for Rollins, good luck with him letting go!