Thursday 26 April 2012

New Post

In Banff I'll start drawing. First this screen next to a window looking into a slope of Tunnel Mountain. Whatever's around. See what I can do with a pencil. Finish that Hillsdale book.

Overcoat Update:
They sent the second one back too, the one the Portuguese guy was going to tailor. The plant and the store talked over "sizing". A third coat is on the way. The manager of the menswear store threw a scare into me when he mentioned the "outdated" system of sizing at the plant. I thought at first he was talking about the style of my chosen coat. As I said before, mainly lawyers and the odd actor wear coats as long. I got over any fear. The coat's in it for the haul, and I don't mean Hall of Shame. One of these years I'll wear it down a mountain.

4 comments:

Brenda Schmidt said...

Ten overcoats later...

the regina mom said...

I'm starting to believe you've turned to fiction, Hill. I mean to say that this tale about a coat, a long overcoat, is sounding suspicious. It's too strange!

Are we really to believe that the second coat was sent back? Really? I dunno. I just don't know...

Gerald Hill said...

Believe me, I was checking out the coat Richard Boone wears in "I Bury Them Alive", or whatever that noon movie on TCM was called.

Bernadette said...

Seeing is believing, my friend!