Thursday 11 February 2021

Continuing

Continuing along the lines of matters raised in the previous entries--thank you for sticking with me, aunt Taco and uncle Bean--I'm setting aside my Charlotte and Wilbur again.

For one thing, I've got the forthcoming production of "Wilbur's Tale" (Tic Toc Ten Performance Festival, streaming April, 2021), co-created with Sarah Bergbusch, to give me my Charlotte's Web kick. For another, I read about the production of Charlotte's Web, the Robinette adaptation, that Alberta Theatre Projects staged for their Christmas show, 2017. (That production featured a web made of circus rigging, over which a human Charlotte in harness climbed and crawled--Charlotte played by Manon Beaudoin, whom I would meet two years later during her turn as Golem in Globe Theatre's The Hobbit.) While I'm no fan of the Robinette, the fact that it was so recently done by one of the major regional theatre companies tells me it's unlikely another would be interested in even a better adaptation of CW at this time.

So it's on to other things. I intend to re-open this blog to other than musical theatre concerns that have taken up the last hundred or so entries. 

These may include: the way they call hockey games on tv these days, how to succeed at being my mother's table without even trying, that time the river rose so fast we had to wait eight hours, or who might live in that third-floor room.


1 comment:

pgslot เล่นผ่านโน๊ตบุ๊คได้เงินจริง said...

เปิดร้านส้มตำ สร้างยอดขาย ด้วยเทคนิค pg slot game อยากเปิด ร้านส้มตำเล็กๆ สร้างยอดขายหลักแสน หลักล้าน ไม่ยากอย่าง ที่คิด วันนี้ pg slot game สร้างอาชีพ จะมาเผยสเต็ปเคล็ดไม่ลับ