Wednesday 30 January 2013

Grumpy

I don't know why I'm so grumpy these days. (To my readers--that's you, Uncle John and Aunt Deere--quipping big surprise or something more original, pipe down.)
This afternoon I scolded a student for showing up to her first class two and a half weeks into the semester.
When someone in the office asked me how's Gerry today, I said why am I so grumpy. She showed me her plastic bracelet, which says Have a complaint free day. Without the hyphen.
I seem to need someone to grump at.
Maybe I made a mistake laying Best Canadian Poetry (in English) 2012 on my first-year students. I'm you-know-what about that too.
Tomorrow Connie Gault's visiting my creative writing class. That should be fun.

5 comments:

Brenda Schmidt said...

Sheesh, what a grump! :)

Anonymous said...

No kidding, eh? I'm blaming it on the weather. Or his swank new coat. Which I haven't seen so it may not even be swank or new or even exist.

Brenda Schmidt said...

Swank it is! I saw it. Can't be grumpy cuz of the coat. Mind you, I didn't see the lining. Everything depends on the lining.

Gerald Hill said...

After Lynes: "But it was lining, yes lining that brought the watchers / to their knees" in "The Old Burlesque Costumer's Poem", Archive of the Undressed.

Brenda Schmidt said...

Ha! There you go.