Thursday 1 November 2012

Hillsdale Book

I'm thrilled to lick the envelope shut and mail it, the envelope with an "Author Contract" inside, a contract agreeing that NeWest Press will publish my Hillsdale Book.
Just last weekend in Saskatoon I was moaning about never getting another book out. I don't know what the hell I'll do if they don't take it I think I said.
I began gathering this book over four years ago. It's got everything I have as a writer (I think--I haven't read it since submitting it from Banff in May).
I did remember to sign the contract before mailing it back.

9 comments:

Brenda Schmidt said...

Yay! Congratulations!

Cassidy said...

Congrats!!!

Gerald Hill said...

Thanks, you two. How's this for a launch idea: rent a bus, drive around Hillsdale, stopping for poems on location. Then party.

Brenda Schmidt said...

Brilliant! I'm reserving a seat near the front on the drivers side!

Gerald Hill said...

I'll arrange for birds.

Bernadette said...

Yay, Gerry! That launch idea sounds like great fun! And I want the seat behind Brenda's.

PS: I'm waiting for an update on the overcoat.

Brenda Schmidt said...

I SAW the overcoat! Ha!

Gerald Hill said...

In Saskatoon a friend leaned in to give me a hug and lingered a tad long. Because of the coat.

Bernadette said...

I MISSED the OVERCOAT? I miss all the fun!