Saturday 21 July 2012

Learning to Draw Abandonement

According to the Doomsday instructions I'd printed and taped to the bottom of my pencil box (which by Doomsday I expect to carry), to abandone the pillars project I had to crawl naked to the alley and draw just one pillar, free of its neighbours, free of any one point, of everything but shadow which, even at midnight, hung hungrily, offering to swallow an ending if it had to.
I was not to speak unless run over, to invent what I couldn't feel through my knees.
And just one pencil--the 6Brenda or the 2Harvey. I had to draw the last pillar anyone would draw.
I had all night.

1 comment:

Tracy Hamon said...

I think you've got a long poem here entitled "The Pillars of 6Brenda and 2Harvey." Along with the artwork, it stands to be brilliant!