Friday 12 August 2011

Sisters Road Trip, Soon

The sisters have mustered near Edmonton, checking in within whatever rules re luggage size a birthday boy might impose.
The plastic container for a roll of toilet paper, however--so it won't crush, says a sister--will have to stay behind. Even recognizing that toilet paper issues differ between his sisters and himself, the birthday boy stands firm. A touch of crush won't hurt, he says.
The day is dark so far. In their overnight acreage just out of the city, the sisters will be gathering their scarves and leggings, their armloads of carry-on, their lunch. It's time to begin.

2 comments:

the regina mom said...

Have a happy one, bday boy! And enjoy that sister-love!

Missed seeing you at the FolkFest...

Jenn said...

I can't tell you how much I enjoy your blog, Gerald. I wanted to buy some of your books during my current holiday in Canada (I live overseas) but the Chapters in St. John's doesn't have any in stock and I didn't leave myself time to order them. Darn. I'll order ahead of time next year. In the mean time I'll be visiting this fabulous blog.