Friday 12 November 2010

The Giller flap

I just want to say I'm disgusted about the criticism of Gaspereau for producing only 1,000 copies a week of the Giller-winning book.  What's the hurry--people will read that book soon enough.  Relax!  Meanwhile, if you've ever picked up a Gaspereau book, like Tim Bowling's The Annotated Bee and Me, you know you've got a gorgeous thing, a triumph of book-maker's craft and art.

And I was disgusted enough about Rabinovitch and his pompous Giller posturing already.  Let me conclude with this: if I ever win the Giller, I'll leave it on J.R.'s table.

2 comments:

Bernadette said...

Thanks, Gerry, for being a voice of reason in all this ridiculousness! I was beginning to think I was alone.

I know I have a few Gaspereau titles in my collection -- haven't gone to pluck them from my library just yet -- but I do remember that they're beautiful works of art! And isn't that what a book *should* be? A work of art?

Brenda Schmidt said...

Indeed, what's the hurry.

Gaspereau does make the most gorgeous books.